Annual Meeting of the
International Society for Research on Impulsivity
The International Society for Research on Impulsivity (InSRI) will hold its 2014 Annual Meeting on
Thursday 24th July 2014, as a one-day satellite symposium to the British Association for Psychopharmacology
Summer Meeting in Cambridge, UK.
The meeting will feature three sessions, on Risk-taking and Impulsivity, Boosting Impulse Control, and Impulsivity and Compulsivity. We are delighted to announce an outstanding programme of international speakers, including:
Risk-taking and Impulsivity
- Professor Matthias Brand (University of Duisberg-Essen): The interaction of emotional and cognitive influences on risk-taking
- Professor Dai Stephens (University of Sussex): title tbc
- Dr Sylvie Granon (Université d'Orsay, France): Impulsivity, gambling, and social interaction in mice
- Professor Matt Field (University of Liverpool) Relationships between impulsivity and alcohol involvement in adolescents
- Dr Robert Whelan (Trinity College Dublin): What can big data tell us about impulsivity and risk-taking?
Boosting Impulse Control
Professor Gerry Moeller (Virginia Commonwealth University): Impulsivity and Cue Reactivity as Treatment Targets in Cocaine Addiction
Professor Frederick Verbruggen (University of Exeter): Proactive control and gambling
Dr Molly Crockett (University of Oxford ): Neural mechanisms of precommitment
Dr Lianne Schmaal (Amsterdam Medical Centre): Pharmacological modulation of functional connectivity and impulsivity in alcohol dependent patients
Impulsivity and Compulsivity
Professor Celeste Napier (Rush University, Chicago): title tbc
Dr David Belin (University of Poitiers / University of Cambridge): Inter-individual differences in the intrastriatal shifts mediating habitual and compulsive behaviours: focus on impulsivity
Dr Claire Gillan (NYU): The habit hypothesis of OCD: behavioral experiments and functional brain imaging
Professor Andrew Lawrence (University of Cardiff): title tbc
Abstracts: Abstracts for poster presentations (250 words) should be submitted to Luke Clark (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) by 30th March 2014.
Please save the date!
Organising Committee: Luke Clark, Valerie Voon, David Belin
International Committee: Marc Potenza, F. Gerard Moeller, Charles Mathias